One of my goals this week is to try two new recipes. For someone who doesn’t like to cook this is challenging in itself. But to top it off, our resident manager has scheduled someone to come and repaint our apartment this week. We’ve had to empty out our whole kitchen and move things around to accommodate the painters. So our already small, cramped kitchen is even less functional than normal. Regardless I am going to try to meet this challenge. I already picked out my first recipe – Meatless Lentil Burgers.
Here is the list of ingredients:
- 1 cup dried green lentils, rinsed (I will use the orange lentils since I already have some in stock)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 1/4 cup leeks, finely diced
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
I’ll probably make these on Thursday or Friday night. Okay time for a little meditation before calling it a night.